Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My cancerversary

Today marks the one year anniversary of my breast cancer diagnosis.  It has been a whirlwind.  I am feeling really good about today even though this was the day that my life was flipped upside down. This word cloud is a synopsis of the past year for me.  Crazy, right?


Thank you to my friends and family for your incredible support.  I have a new appreciation for the people in my life and feel so blessed.  There was no shortage of hugs and laughs when I needed them, rides to the hospital, cupcakes (DAD!), cards, flowers, and friends/family who would be at my side at the drop of a hat.   It's an incredible feeling to know so many people care about you.  I hope everyone could feel that way at some point in their life (minus cancer, of course).

I can't even begin to explain what a relief it is to be done with the past year.  I am not sad or angry about getting cancer.  It has refreshed my perspective on my life.  It has helped me to prioritize things a bit more.  I feel really strong and positive about the road ahead for me.

Moving ahead, I will be retiring my blog. It was very therapeutic for me to write my thoughts and to keep everyone in the loop but it's time for me to move on to something new.  Maybe I'll blog again but I don't envision it being about cancer.  This disease does not define who I am.  I'm still Heather -- market researcher, amateur cook, and lover of shoes.  I suppose I now can add breast cancer survivor to that list.

Thanks for reading and following my journey.

Love to you all!

HLD  

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks!

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete