Monday, June 13, 2011

Waaaay behind on blogging....

I know -- I'm waaaaaaay behind on blogging.  My blame is equally distributed between being too busy and too tired.  I'm back to working 5 days a week (which is the first time since the new year) so I think that's contributing to my tiredness, coupled with fatigue from radiation. 

One of these days I will upload pictures from my weekend celebration in Milwaukee with my girlfriends.  I had SO MUCH FUN.  I laughed so hard that I think my abs are still a little sore.  It was so nice to get away with the girls -- now that many of my friends have families, it's sometimes a challenge for us to all get together; which makes our time spent together all the more special. 

I started radiation on May 26th and I'm 13 treatments in.  I think I have to do about 33 treatments total and I go every weekday.  I haven't noticed any significant side effects except I do find doing to the doctor's office everyday annoying.  But I'm one-third of the way done and expect to be done in about a month or so. After that, I'm planning on going away to Florida with Katie C. for a relaxing beach getaway.

I'm looking forward to having all of this behind me so I can get on with my life. I don't expect my life to go back to the normal that I knew prior to my diagnosis but I can't wait to (ranked in no particular order):
  1. Having hair and eyelashes again
  2. Not having to go to the doctor so frequently
  3. Having a normal amount of energy
I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of right now. 

Before I sign off, I just want to ask you to please keep my friend Bonnie in your prayers.  She had her bilateral mastectomy on Friday.  Please pray for a speedy recovery without any complications.

Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. I was beginning to think you had stopped blogging :) I'm happy to hear you are so far into radiation and are looking toward the light at the end of the tunnel.

    My thoughts are with Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Karin - I'm still blogging. Thanks for checking in! xoxo

    ReplyDelete