Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What does radiation treatment look like exactly?

Many people have asked me to describe the radiation set up and it's a challenge to explain. So, I took a picture of it today.




The part overhead comes down and is set up to target the specific area they are treating (so for me, the breast and chest area obviously).

The whole process literally just takes a few minutes. It takes more time for me to get dressed and undressed, honestly.

My skin is a little irritated but the doctor says it's to be expected. Hopefully it won't get much worse....

I think I'm past the half way point (whoo hoo) and expect to be finished on July 13th. Can't wait to be done so I can enjoy the rest of my summer!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Looks like something from "Star Trek"! So happy to hear you have an end date to aim for!

    ReplyDelete