Thursday, April 14, 2011

6 down, 2 to go!


When I lived in New York City, I lived off the 6 train so I thought that this picture was appropriate.  In a way, it is only uptown from here:  2 chemotherapy sessions left.  The end is so close and that makes me happy! 

My friend Mollly accompanied me to chemotherapy today.  She asked if I needed anything from the store and I asked for a big bottle of water (thinking she would get me one of those really tall bottles of Evian).  Instead, she shows up with this:


Sorry Molls, I couldn't figure out how to get you right side up...
Talk about literal. :)   I was told I needed to push water to flush the chemo out of my body and I don't think I was drinking enough.  So my friends have been REALLY pushing me to drink loads of water.  I drank 3/4 of the gallon today -- I pretty much floated home.

My last treatment was really tough.  The Taxol (chemotherapy) makes my body ache like I have the flu and the shot I do to keep my white blood count up makes my bones hurt.  Those coupled together left me in  a lot of pain.  Tylenol was like child's play for what I was feeling.  Thankfully my white blood cell count was really strong this week so I don't have to do my shot tomorrow. And if I need to do a shot next time, I am better prepared to treat the pain (e.g. get some good drugs from my doc).

I'm spending the weekend out in the country visiting with my family.  I think the TLC that I will be getting will definitely help me feel better this time around.

Hope you all have a great weekend.  Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers and good wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment