Sunday, April 24, 2011

I'm not alone this Easter

I decided not to go home this weekend for Easter. I haven't for several years and I just enjoy the long weekend at home. Plus, I was just in the country last weekend and didn't want to be gone two weekends in a row.

So I slept in this morning and saw the beautiful sun shining and decided to head out for a bike ride. I rode a couple of weeks ago and managed to get 10 miles in but it was really tough. As I'm riding my bike this time I feel like it's getting even harder for me. There's a slight wind here today so I can't really blame that for slowing me down. It's just the fatigue. I tried to go at a steady pace and just take my time all the while telling myself I only need to make it 30 minutes. I don't need to do 10 miles right now. Then some fast paced runner started running faster than me (again, on a bike). I felt so defeated. I am so tired of being exhausted. I made it to a resting point far away from Forrest Gump and just started to cry. It's hard to remember in the moment that this is only temporary and in a few months I'll be back to my normal, energetic self. In the middle of my lakefront pity party, I saw two ducks, which reminded me of my Mom and Meme. I was not alone. It was as if they were there to tell me stay strong and keep going no matter how tough it feels. And so I will...

Here's the view from my lakefront pity party. (of course the ducks were camera shy).



I only have 2 treatments left and can't wait for the next 3 weeks to be over so I can move on to the next phase of kicking the crap out of cancer.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment