Sunday, April 10, 2011

Biking Season Has Begun!

This week I signed up to do the Apple Cider Century bike ride at the end of September with my friends Katie Cavarretta, Katie Dorcak and Erin. And because today is an unseasonably warm day in Chicago,  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take my bike out for the first ride of the season. I love to ride my bike, especially along Chicago's beautiful lakefront path.  Despite all the fatigue I'm feeling, I managed to do 10 miles (at a slow pace but there were some gusty winds today).  It felt great to get out there but I have a lot of training to do this summer to prepare for ACC 2011.  A great excuse for me to keep up with an exercise program that will only increase my odds of survivorship.  TAKE THAT CANCER!

For those of you in the Chicagoland area, I hope you are savoring this beautiful day!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Amazing that you are taking on such a big challenge! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather...you can do it! I am glad that the frost of Chicago eased up so you could bike. Best of luck with the race and with everything else going on. You are such an inspiration to me and I know I have been horrible about keeping in touch lately, but you are in my positive thoughts a lot. If you have a chance can you please email me your address.

    Take care and hope to catch up soon!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete