Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's the final countdown...

Yes, I am a child of the 80's because when I type those words, this is the song that I think of. (Not sure if the video will actually work so you may need to click on this link to hear the song & laugh at the band's hair).



Anyway, today was my 5th chemotherapy. I have to say it feels good to be in the home stretch.  I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Getting half way there was a bit anti-climatic but I'm feeling good about having 5 down and only 3 to go!  My word of the day was hope, which is a pretty powerful one for me.  It was the first time in a while that I have felt this hopeful -- I'm almost done with chemotherapy, I'm feeling pretty good (all things considered) and I just have this powerful feeling that I'm going to come out on top.




I also started Taxol today (a new chemotherapy for me) which  is supposed to be the 'easier' of the two regimens that I'm on; so we'll see how the next few days go. I hope that will be the case. 

I had quite the entourage with me today.  My Aunt Barb, Dad and Katie were there with me during treatment (although I think Katie just wanted me to concentrate on getting her to the next level of Angry Birds).  Regardless, It was nice to have so many cheerleaders by my side.  

After  treatment my Dad, Aunt and I got an early dinner to one of my favorite places -- the Athenian Room.  I love this place because it's just a good neighborhood Greek restaurant.  And because they have a 'vegetarian salad' on the menu that is a dieters dream --- it's a salad with Greek fries on top.  No joke.  That's the most delicious oxymoron I've ever had.  


...and to continue the afternoon of indulgence (and since we were in the neighborhood), we had to stop at Sweet Mandy B's for cupcakes...



Not a bad ending to the day.  I'm going to call it an early night soon.  I don't have much planned for this weekend, just going to rest like I normally do after treatment.  If I'm lucky, I'll get some laundry done. :)

Oh, and tomorrow is opening day for the Chicago Cubs!  GO CUBS GO!  May this be your year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment