Thursday, February 17, 2011

25% complete with chemo

I had my second treatment today, which means I'm a quarter of the way done with chemotherapy. Whoo hoo!









Unfortunately, my hair is beginning to fall out (as I have been expecting it to). I have been pretty bummed out by this but it was helpful to have my friend Katie there to keep my spirits up. She even wore a scarf to be supportive of my soon-to-be hair style. (Thanks Katie! You are a great chemo companion!)




I was also happy to have Bonnie stop by because she literally just went through hair loss (but you would have no idea by how good she looks). I hope I look as good as she does once I get my wig.

The ceremonious hair shaving will be on Monday. In a strange way, I just want to get it over with. It's really hard to see your hair fall out. I know it will grow back but that seems so far away. It will probably take two years to have anything close to what I have now and that feels like an eternity right now. As with all the other changes in my life, I hope that I will adjust to this too. I'm sure I will....

Overall, treatment went pretty well. I'm just planning to take it easy this weekend. It's super warm in Chicago so I hope to get out for a walk and enjoy the weather while I'm feeling good.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. You look fab Heather! I wish I could be there on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on making it through another treatment, Heather! I am sure you will look really cute in your wig!

    ReplyDelete