Sunday, February 6, 2011

I think I can handle this...

I can now say with confidence that the anxiety before chemotherapy is far worse than the actual side effects.  Disclosure -- I can only say this for my regimen.  I'm sure there are others may not be as 'easy'. And honestly who knows how it will go with the treatments compounding.  But for now, nausea is very well controlled with a number of different drugs;  the only downfall is that they are mostly steroid based which does not help me sleep at night.  Despite being on some sleepy-time drugs, I was up from 3-5 a.m. and 3-6 a.m. the last two nights.  While I was able to get a full 5 or 6 hours of sleep, that is just not enough for me so I'm sure that doesn't help with the fatigue I was feeling yesterday or today.  So, I've just been listening to my body and taking it really easy (and napping when needed).

My hair will start to fall out with the next treatment and I'm sure that will be hard for me but I have a great wig and some cute hats to accompany my bald head.  I expect to look a little like this again....

Aliza and I are the same exact age here (actually, I am  a month older).
She is on the left with a full head of hair & I am bald.
I guess I've been preparing my whole life for this.  Haha.  At least it will grow back!  

Speaking of Aliza, I had an AMAZING weekend with her.  We didn't do very much but it was so comforting to have her here for my first treatment.  Thank you again for making the schlep from Boston, A.  Love ya!

Drain #4 and I are getting ready to part ways.  Output has slowed down considerably, which is fantastic.  We are beginning to say our good-byes.  I have an appointment on Wednesday to have it removed.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment