Monday, February 21, 2011

My new 'do

Today was the ceremonious head shaving.  I was ready for it -- my hair was coming out like crazy and my scalp was tender.  I guess that my hair falling out is a sign that the chemotherapy is working.    I had three very supportive friends with me to witness my transition to the new 'do.  Thank you Katie, Sara and Molly for coming along!
Molly, Katie and Sara were sporting their Flashy Trash wigs in support of my transition

I didn't cry because it was such a relief to be in control and get rid of my hair.   And honesty, how could I cry when I had friends sporting tinsel wigs themselves?  (I almost cried laughing so hard though.)  The ladies at the wig shop called us 'the fun group,' which was quite accurate.  

My new 'do! 
This is my fave pic of the day --
I laughed a lot on a day that may have otherwise been very tough.
Not with these  girls...

4 comments:

  1. I love the new 'do--it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new do suits you well. But I have to say that Katie's color job turned out all wrong. She definitely should have gone with PINK!

    ReplyDelete